Electric vehicles (EVs) are becoming more popular than ever, thanks to their many benefits for the environment, the economy, and the drivers. EVs use less or no fuel, which saves money and reduces emissions. They also have lower running and maintenance costs than petrol or diesel vehicles. Some EVs can use renewable electricity sources, which further enhances their environmental impact. Additionally, EVs may avoid some charges or taxes that apply to conventional vehicles.
But how do you charge your EV at home or at your workplace? How do you make sure you get the best value and performance from your EV Electric Vehicle Charger? How do you maximise the benefits of driving an EV?
The answer is Zappi, the smart EV charger from myenergi.
Zappi is not an ordinary EV charger. It is a revolutionary device that allows you to charge your EV with surplus energy generated from your solar panels or wind turbine. This means you can charge your EV for free, using your own green energy, and reduce your reliance on the National Grid.
Zappi also has many other features that make it the best choice for your home or business, such as:
- Three charging modes: Zappi has three charging modes to suit your needs and preferences. You can choose eco mode, which maximises the use of your renewable energy and minimises the grid import. You can choose eco+ mode, which only uses surplus energy and pauses charging if there is none available. Or you can choose fast mode, which operates like a standard EV Electric Vehicle Charger and charges your EV at the maximum power.
- Smart app control: Zappi can be controlled and monitored via a smartphone app, which gives you access to various functions and information. You can start and stop charging, set timers and schedules, view charging history and statistics, adjust settings and preferences, and more.
- Boost function: Zappi has a boost function that allows you to increase the charging power temporarily if you need to charge your EV faster. You can activate the boost function manually via the app or the charger, or automatically via a smart device such as a smart plug or a smart thermostat.
- Load balancing: Zappi has a load balancing feature that ensures that your EV charging does not overload your main fuse or circuit breaker. Zappi monitors the power consumption of your home or business and adjusts the charging power accordingly. This way, you can avoid tripping your fuse or breaker and damaging your electrical system.
- Grid limit: Zappi has a grid limit feature that allows you to set a maximum power limit for your grid import. This can help you save money on your electricity bills if you have a variable tariff or a demand charge. Zappi will reduce the charging power if your grid import exceeds the limit you set.
- LED status indicator: Zappi has a LED status indicator that shows you the charging mode, power level, and fault status of your charger. The LED colour changes according to the mode (green for eco, blue for eco+, purple for fast) and the brightness changes according to the power level (brighter for higher power). The LED also flashes red if there is a fault with the charger.
- Pin code lock: Zappi has a pin code lock feature that allows you to secure your charger from unauthorised use. You can set a four-digit pin code via the app or the charger and enable or disable it as needed. This way, you can prevent strangers or guests from using your charger without your permission.
- OLEV approved: Zappi is approved by the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV), which means it qualifies for the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS) and the Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS). These schemes provide grants of up to £350 per socket for eligible homeowners and businesses who install an OLEV-approved EV charger.
As you can see, Zappi is more than just an EV Electric Vehicle Charger. It is a smart, green, and cost-effective solution that allows you to charge your EV with surplus energy from your solar panels or wind turbine. It also has many other features that make it easy, convenient, and safe to use.
If you are interested in installing Zappi at your home or business, contact us today on 01268 928 690 or via the ‘Enquire Now‘ button below. We are an authorised installer of myenergi products and we can help you with every step of the process, from a free no-obligation consultation to installation to aftercare.
Don’t miss this opportunity to join the EV revolution and enjoy the benefits of driving an electric car with Zappi.
Frequently Asked Questions about Zappi EV Chargers
Our services are tailored to provide you with a seamless and reliable charging experience while maximising your eco-friendly charging potential, especially with solar PV integration. How much does the myenergi Zappi EV charging point cost? Contact us for the latest prices on the myenergi Zappi EV Chargers.
Zappi manufacturer myenergi offers all customers a comprehensive 3-year warranty. All you need to do is have the Zappi Charger installed and register your product to take advantage of seamless charging.
The Zappi comes in both 7kWh and 22kWh versions. Most UK houses have a single phase supply which means the maximum charge rate will be 7kWh. Therefore most homeowners will have 7kWh chargers installed. We now know our vehicle needs 70kWh to achieve a full charge and our charger, is charging at the rate of 7kW.
The list of zappi compatible EVs includes, but is not limited to:
Jaguar – I-PACE
Volvo – XC40 Recharge
Smart Car – the smart EQ fortwo and forfour
Tesla – the whole Tesla range, including the Model S, 3, X, Y, and CyberTruck
Audi – the e-tron range
Peugeot – the e-208 and the e-2008 SUV
Ford – the Mustang Mach-e
Mercedes Benz – The EQC
Mitsubishi – the Outlander PHEV
Mini – the Mini Electric
Land Rover – the whole Land Rover PHEV range
BMW – the full BMW i range of PHEVs
Citroen – the Citroen Electric and Plug-in Hybrid range
Volkswagen – the Volkswagen ID range
Nissan – the Nissan Leaf
Kia – the Niro range
Hyundai – Kona
Hyundai – Ionic
If you have the most common 7kW charger, it’ll usually take about 4 to 8 hours to charge your car up fully – that’s a full battery overnight. If you can’t install a dedicated home charger, then you can still use a 3-pin plug to charge up your car.
On a cloudy day you might want the charge to start even if there is less than 6A (~1.4kW) available as surplus from the local generation. That’s where the Minimum Green Level (MGL) comes in. With MGL at 100% then Zappi will stop the charge is the surplus generation drops below 1.4kW. By reducing MGL, Zappi will allow some power to be drawn from the grid to top up the generation if needed. For example, with MGL at 50% Zappi will keep charging the EV until the surplus generation drops below 700W. At MGL = 1% the charge will continue until there is less than 14W of surplus generation. In practice this means Zappi will only stop charging if all local generation has stopped.
Latest EV Charger Posts
- OZEV Grant 2023 – The EV Charger GrantAre you thinking of buying an electric vehicle (EV) or a plug-in hybrid vehicle (PHEV) and wondering how to charge it at home? If so, you might be interested in the OZEV grant, a government scheme that can help you save money on installing a home charging point. In this blog post, we will explain […]
- How To Choose The Best EV Charger For Your HomeIf you own an electric vehicle (EV) or are planning to buy one in the near future, you might be wondering how to charge it at home. Charging your EV at home is not only convenient, but also cheaper and greener than using public charging points. However, there are many factors to consider when choosing […]
- Why You Should Choose Zappi Electric Vehicle Chargers for Your Home or BusinessElectric vehicles (EVs) are becoming more popular than ever, thanks to their many benefits for the environment, the economy, and the drivers. EVs use less or no fuel, which saves money and reduces emissions. They also have lower running and maintenance costs than petrol or diesel vehicles. Some EVs can use renewable electricity sources, which […]
- How long do electric vehicles take to charge?Charging time is one of the main challenges for electric vehicle (EV) buyers, along with driving range. The truth is, it takes longer to charge an electric vehicle than to fill up a conventional car with fuel. But there are ways to make charging easier and more convenient. Here are some tips to help you […]
- How to Monitor and Control Your Energy Usage with the myenergi AppIf you are looking for a smart and easy way to track and manage your solar energy consumption, generation and storage, you might want to check out the myenergi app. This clever little app lets you remotely monitor and control your set of myenergi devices, such as the Zappi EV Electric Vehicle Chargers, the Eddi […]