If you are looking for a reliable and MCS Certified installer of solar battery storage systems, you might want to consider NXTGEN Energy Ltd. We are one of only nine solar installers in Essex that has achieved the MCS Certification for battery storage, which means we meet the highest standards of quality and safety in this emerging solar sector. Did you know that your solar PV system needs to be installed by an MCS certified installer for you to be eligible for the Smart Export Guarantee (SEG) scheme?
What to look for when considering getting a solar PV system
When looking to get a solar PV system it can be difficult to know where to start as it seems today that every electrical or gas service business is now offering solar PV system installs, only yesterday I passed the local gas boiler engineers near where I live in Benfleet, Essex and even they have had a big banner put up outside there building saying they now do solar PV systems, but as a consumer what can you do to make sure you are getting fully qualified and certified solar professionals in to install your system?
The Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) is a set of standards for installing various emerging technologies like:
- Air Source Heat Pumps
- Battery Storage – NXTGEN Energy Ltd MCS Certified
- Exhaust Air Heat Pumps
- Gas Absorption Heat Pumps
- Ground/Water Source Heat Pumps
- Micro CHP
- Solar Photovoltaics – NXTGEN Energy Ltd MCS Certified
- Solar Thermal
- Solar Assisted Heat Pumps
- Wind Turbines
For us at NXTGEN Energy to be MCS Certified on Battery Storage we have had to undertake MCS training courses to learn all about the standards and regulations concerning correct battery storage installation and then we have had MCS send assessors down and check our installations against the MCS Standards before before issuing our MCS Certified Battery Storage Certificate.
So battery storage installed with you solar PV system needs to be done by MCS installers that hold both Solar PV and Battery Storage Certification
So what does all this mean for you as a consumer looking to install a solar PV system with battery storage? Quite simply it means that we at NXTGEN Energy can install you a complete solar PV system with battery storage professionally and to MCS standards and regulations so that you can sign up to the Smart Export Guarantee (SEG) scheme knowing that everything in your solar PV system has been installed to the high standards as required by MCS certification using the latest installation techniques as taught by MCS training.
Did you know?
- Did you know that NXTGEN Energy is one of only ten MCS Certified Battery Storage installers in Essex? If you’re looking to install a complete solar PV system with battery storage is the installer you’re thinking of using MCS Certified for battery storage? You can check your installer on the official MCS website at https://mcscertified.com/find-an-installer/
- Did you know it isn’t easy to become MCS Certified in battery storage and it takes a long time, lots of training that has to be passed at a high standard and then MCS assessors have to check your battery storage installs before they issue you with a MCS certificate for battery storage. This is why we are one of only nine solar energy solutions companies in Essex that have gone through this long process to give you, our customers, the peace of mind that we can install your complete solar PV system safely and professionally to the high standards as required by MCS Certification.
- Did you know that your solar battery storage should be mounted on to a wall and not propped up against say your loft wall or even worst laid down on top of your loft installation?
- Did you know if you have your solar inverter and/or your solar battery storage fitted in your loft you should also have a fire alarm fitted as standard for your safety and security?
- Did you know if you don’t use an MCS Certified installer for your solar PV system and a MCS Certified installer for your battery storage if you also want battery storage you won’t be eligible for the Smart Export Guarantee (SEG) scheme?
What is battery storage and why is it important?
Battery storage systems are devices that store excess electricity generated by renewable sources such as solar panels or wind turbines, and release it when needed. This can help reduce reliance on the grid, lower energy bills, increase self-consumption, and provide backup power in case of blackouts.
Battery storage can also support the transition to a low-carbon economy by balancing the supply and demand of electricity, reducing greenhouse gas emissions, and integrating more renewable energy into the system.
What is MCS Certification and why does it matter?
MCS (Microgeneration Certification Scheme) is a national quality assurance scheme that certifies microgeneration technologies such as solar PV, wind turbines, heat pumps, and now battery storage. MCS Certification ensures that the products and installers comply with rigorous technical standards, codes of practice, and consumer protection measures.
MCS Certification is important for several reasons:
- It gives consumers confidence that they are getting a high-quality product and service that meets their needs and expectations.
- It enables consumers to access financial incentives such as the Smart Export Guarantee (SEG), which pays them for exporting surplus electricity to the National Grid.
- It helps the industry grow by defining what constitutes good practice in the sale, design, and installation of battery storage systems.
- It supports innovation and development by providing feedback and data on the performance and impact of battery storage systems.
How did NXTGEN Energy Ltd achieve MCS Certification for battery storage?
NXTGEN Energy Ltd is one of only 9 companies in Essex to achieve MCS Certification for battery storage. The new Battery Storage Standard outlines the installation requirements for MCS certified installers who supply, design, and install electrical energy storage or battery systems. It covers aspects such as site assessment, system design, installation, commissioning, handover, documentation, maintenance, and decommissioning.
NXTGEN Energy Ltd has demonstrated their competence and compliance with the new Battery Storage Standards through rigorous assessment by an independent certification body. They have also shown their commitment to continuous improvement and customer satisfaction by following the MCS Scheme Requirements.
What are the benefits of choosing NXTGEN Energy Ltd for your battery storage project?
By choosing NXTGEN Energy Ltd for your battery storage project, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- You can trust that we have the knowledge, skills, experience, and equipment to deliver a safe and effective battery storage system that suits your needs and budget.
- You can benefit from our expertise in renewable energy solutions, as we can also install solar PV systems, EV electric vehicle charging points, and smart home devices.
- You can access financial incentives such as the SEG or other schemes that may become available in the future for battery storage systems.
- You can rely on our after-sales service and support, as we offer warranties, maintenance contracts, monitoring systems, and customer care.
If you are interested in finding out more about NXTGEN Energy Ltd and our battery storage services, you can contact us at 01268 928 690, by clicking on the ‘Enquire Now’ button below or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also learn more about MCS Certification and the new Battery Storage Standard at https://mcscertified.com/.
Frequently Asked Questions about MCS
The Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) is an independent certification scheme that certifies microgeneration (renewable energy) products and installers. These consist of small scale renewable electricity and heat technologies such as solar PV, biomass, wind, heat pumps and battery storage.
MCS is important for several reasons:
1. It gives consumers confidence that they are getting a high-quality product and service that meets their needs and expectations.
2. It enables consumers to access financial incentives such as the Smart Export Guarantee (SEG), which pays them for exporting surplus electricity to the National Grid.
3. It helps the industry grow by defining what constitutes good practice in the sale, design, and installation of microgeneration systems.
4. It supports innovation and development by providing feedback and data on the performance and impact of microgeneration systems.
If you are a contractor or manufacturer who wants to showcase quality renewable installations, you can apply for MCS certification through an accredited certification body. You will need to demonstrate your compliance with the MCS standards, codes of practice, and consumer protection measures. You will also need to pay an annual fee and undergo regular audits.
If you are a consumer who wants to install a microgeneration system in your home or business, you will need to choose an MCS certified installer who can supply, design, and install an MCS certified product. You will also need to register your installation on the MCS Installation Database (MID) and obtain an MCS certificate.
Latest MCS Certified Posts
- MCS CertificationWhat is MCS certification and why is it important? MCS stands for the Microgeneration Certification Scheme, an initiative that was introduced in 2007 to support the fast-growing microgeneration industry in the UK. Microgeneration refers to the small-scale production of heat or electric power from renewable sources, such as solar panels, wind turbines, heat pumps, biomass […]
- NXTGEN Energy Ltd is now MCS Certified for Battery Storage InstallationsIf you are looking for a reliable and MCS Certified installer of solar battery storage systems, you might want to consider NXTGEN Energy Ltd. We are one of only nine solar installers in Essex that has achieved the MCS Certification for battery storage, which means we meet the highest standards of quality and safety in […]
- NXTGEN Energy is a MCS Certified InstallerNXTGEN Energy Ltd are proud to be MCS Certified Installers. But what does that mean for you? MCS certification is a mark of true high quality and workmanship. In becoming an MCS certified installer, we are showing our continuing commitment to protecting our customers, and guaranteeing a high quality service under oath of the Consumer […]